Discovering Spiritual Awareness in Everyday Life

Monday, August 24, 2009

Silent Voices of the Soul: The Backstory (part 8)

My answer was right in front of me; it had nothing to do with Thomas. But I wasn’t ready to see it , so I was unable to know the truth. It would take another two years before I was quiet enough to allow my answer to surface from my soul. Until then, I went in circles; I focused on the problem. And the more I focused on it, the worse it became.

Probably the most interesting aspect of this project was the way it unfolded. Spirit had a plan. But I was too close to the big picture to see it. I was concentrating on the details, listening, learning, writing and revising the things I had written. Did I mention how this book was produced? I did it the old fashioned way–journal style- with a legal pad in my lap and a pen in my hand. On average I went through twenty legal pads per chapter. I didn’t realize it until after the fact, but one day I remembered something. This was the studying method I had used in high school. I would write things over and over again in order to memorize them. Where did all of this writing happen? Every once in a while I had to deviate from my routine, but mostly I took dictation in the living room. Spirit spoke to me, while I sat in an old brown recliner that squeaked when I put the foot rest up.

When the spiritual information stopped coming, I knew the test wasn’t far away. Writing the lesson down was one thing. Applying it to my life was another. It looked easy on paper, but abstract metaphysical concepts weren’t always easy to recognize in the physical world.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Robin Leigh Vella is a spiritual healer and transformation guide. For more than fifteen years, she has been teaching self-empowerment through spiritual awareness. Clairaudient and clairsentient since childhood, Robin left the corporate world to put her spiritual gifts into practice. In 1992, with encouragement from family and friends, she began working as a psychic. Over the next few years, Robin conducted readings in person and by phone. During that time, referrals steadily expanded her clientele. By 1996, she had counseled hundreds of people, throughout the United States as well as overseas. In response to unmistakable promptings from the Universe, Robin eventually made a career change. Recognizing the need to offer her clients more than psychic guidance, she opened her healing practice with the intention of teaching spiritual awareness. Today, Robin helps people understand their personal circumstances from a higher perspective. At the same time, she teaches them how to heal and transform their lives. Robin offer half hour and one hour private spiritual counseling sessions by phone. For details, please contact her via email: heart.and.soul@hotmail.com