Discovering Spiritual Awareness in Everyday Life

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Silent Voices of the Soul: The Backstory (part 7)

Another story stands out in my mind. It happened a long time ago, while I was working on the energy chapter. I was in the kitchen. My then two-year-old son, Thomas, was in the living room. He was watching TV, while I was making lunch for him. Somehow, when I wasn’t looking, he had managed to unlock the front door and run away. Fortunately, I heard the door close behind him. But by the time I had reached the end of the driveway, he had run to the corner.

It was a cold, rainy spring day. I was chasing my son barefoot because I didn’t have time to put my shoes on. Thomas was screaming. Neighbors were staring. And I was sure that the woman who I had seen talking on a cell phone, was now reporting me to the police. Somehow I caught up with Thomas and carried him home in the pouring rain. He was kicking and screaming the entire time.

When I reached our driveway, I remembered that I had an appointment. So I grabbed a pair of shoes and put Thomas, who was crying hysterically at this point, in his car seat. After I fastened his seat belt, I sat down in the front seat and closed my eyes to calm my nerves. Then I made myself breathe, and while I was breathing, I prayed for guidance and patience.

This kind of thing had happened before. In fact, it was happening every day. I was sleep deprived, depressed, stressed out and at my wit’s end. I didn’t have any coping skills left. I wasn’t handling this situation very well. I needed to figure out what to do.

As I was backing out of the driveway, I turned on the radio. I had tuned in to the perfect song at the perfect time. The music calmed me down. The words warmed my heart–”There will be an answer, let it be.”

Comments No Comments »

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Robin Leigh Vella is a spiritual healer and transformation guide. For more than fifteen years, she has been teaching self-empowerment through spiritual awareness. Clairaudient and clairsentient since childhood, Robin left the corporate world to put her spiritual gifts into practice. In 1992, with encouragement from family and friends, she began working as a psychic. Over the next few years, Robin conducted readings in person and by phone. During that time, referrals steadily expanded her clientele. By 1996, she had counseled hundreds of people, throughout the United States as well as overseas. In response to unmistakable promptings from the Universe, Robin eventually made a career change. Recognizing the need to offer her clients more than psychic guidance, she opened her healing practice with the intention of teaching spiritual awareness. Today, Robin helps people understand their personal circumstances from a higher perspective. At the same time, she teaches them how to heal and transform their lives. Robin offer half hour and one hour private spiritual counseling sessions by phone. For details, please contact her via email: heart.and.soul@hotmail.com