Discovering Spiritual Awareness in Everyday Life

Monday, August 17, 2009

Silent Voices of the Soul: The Backstory (part 6)

There were nine lessons to learn in the name of truth, and I learned them one by one, a little at a time. Spirit found a way to teach me whatever I needed to know, no matter where I was or what I was doing. I learned about intuition while I was baking my first lemon meringue pie. I learned about signs and symbols, while I was repairing a twenty-year-old sweater. I learned about spiritual transformation while I was painting my living room. And I really did have revelations while I was cleaning out the refrigerator.

The spiritual messages I received were profound. What amazed me was how clear they were–how whatever was happening around me was directly related to whatever was happening within my soul. I came to realize that everything in my life held meaning. I learned that there are no random events, that everything happens at a specific time for a particular reason. This is one of the most important things I have ever learned; it led me to my life’s work.

The chapters wrote themselves. Definitions of spiritual concepts came first and, for the most part, fast. Sometimes they were channeled in rhyme. Sometimes they assumed the form of a passage from a text book. But they always flowed, and as they flowed I felt the energy they held. My soul felt the vibrations behind the letters and words, sentences and paragraphs. Even if they didn’t make sense to my mind at first, they made sense to my heart. Something inside me knew that what I was writing was the truth.

Spirit had a plan, although I was oblivious to the details. There was no outline to this book, nothing tangible to guide me. I worked on one chapter at a time, without knowing what the next chapter would be. Each chapter was like a mini-guidebook; it had its own production timetable. The time it took to write it was directly dependent upon how long it took for me to learn whatever spiritual principle Spirit was teaching me. Some chapters were written in a very short time and needed very little revising. Others took years to write; I had to learn the same lesson repeatedly, in every area of my life, until I was able to put it into words. Regardless of how long it took to write each piece, I always knew it when was time to start a new chapter. A test would always come and if I passed it, I knew I could move on to the next subject. Then Spirit would find a clever way to make that subject known.

What lessons did I learn exactly? There were so many, too many to name. I can give you the short list, though. I learned every lesson I wrote about: intuition, the components of spiritual awareness, how to interpret signs and symbols and dreams, how to transform energy, spiritual transformation, transition… There was never a dull moment while I was learning about spiritual awareness. I can honestly say that during the twelve years I was working on this project, I don’t ever remember being bored.

There were times when I wasn’t able to write about the things I was learning. I was so physically engaged in the lesson, that I wasn’t able to see it from a higher perspective at first. More than once I asked Spirit to help me see things more clearly. I remember one time in particular when I asked Spirit to show me the truth. While I was driving, I was unable to see the road signs that were in ahead of me. Everything was a blur; I wanted to know why. The next day a lens fell out of my glasses. I couldn’t wear them; I had to navigate without them. For an entire day, I could only see things that were directly in front of me. Everything else was out of focus.

About Me

My photo
Robin Leigh Vella is a spiritual healer and transformation guide. For more than fifteen years, she has been teaching self-empowerment through spiritual awareness. Clairaudient and clairsentient since childhood, Robin left the corporate world to put her spiritual gifts into practice. In 1992, with encouragement from family and friends, she began working as a psychic. Over the next few years, Robin conducted readings in person and by phone. During that time, referrals steadily expanded her clientele. By 1996, she had counseled hundreds of people, throughout the United States as well as overseas. In response to unmistakable promptings from the Universe, Robin eventually made a career change. Recognizing the need to offer her clients more than psychic guidance, she opened her healing practice with the intention of teaching spiritual awareness. Today, Robin helps people understand their personal circumstances from a higher perspective. At the same time, she teaches them how to heal and transform their lives. Robin offer half hour and one hour private spiritual counseling sessions by phone. For details, please contact her via email: heart.and.soul@hotmail.com