Discovering Spiritual Awareness in Everyday Life

Thursday, May 15, 2008

THE SILENT CONVERSATION


I remember the silent conversation. It was very clear and to the point. And, at the time, I was sure that someone had made a mistake.

"You are going to write a book, and we are going to help you," they said.

When I say that those words came from out of nowhere, I am not exaggerating. They not only took me by surprise, they nearly made me drop my coffee cup. Still, I listened. I waited to hear the details. I sat in silence, waiting for more words, until I realized that they were waiting for me to "say" something.

"You must have the wrong person", I said. "I haven't written anything in years".

Looking back, I may have said that outloud (twelve years is a long time; the details are little hazy). But, back to the conversation.

"And there's something else you should know"(as if they didn't)." I'm a terrible procrastinator, my follow-through skills are worse, and I'm really, really hard on myself", I said, thinking I had just let myself off the hook.But it wasn't going to be that easy.

"Perfect", they said. And that was all they said. That was the end of the conversation.

That was a long time ago, and we did write that book together. Actually, they wrote the book. They whispered nine chapters worth of spiritual lessons to me., while I took dictation. And when I wasn't learning from them, I was experiencing those lessons in "real life". In fact, every circumstance of my life was teaching me the same lessons. Sometimes I recognized my "teacher". Sometimes I felt like I had wandered into the wrong classroom.Sometimes I wondered what, exactly, had I signed myself up for.

But that was then; and this is now. And now, I'm a different person. Now, I don't have to wonder anymore.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Robin Leigh Vella is a spiritual healer and transformation guide. For more than fifteen years, she has been teaching self-empowerment through spiritual awareness. Clairaudient and clairsentient since childhood, Robin left the corporate world to put her spiritual gifts into practice. In 1992, with encouragement from family and friends, she began working as a psychic. Over the next few years, Robin conducted readings in person and by phone. During that time, referrals steadily expanded her clientele. By 1996, she had counseled hundreds of people, throughout the United States as well as overseas. In response to unmistakable promptings from the Universe, Robin eventually made a career change. Recognizing the need to offer her clients more than psychic guidance, she opened her healing practice with the intention of teaching spiritual awareness. Today, Robin helps people understand their personal circumstances from a higher perspective. At the same time, she teaches them how to heal and transform their lives. Robin offer half hour and one hour private spiritual counseling sessions by phone. For details, please contact her via email: heart.and.soul@hotmail.com