Discovering Spiritual Awareness in Everyday Life

Saturday, May 24, 2008

HOW DOES A CHANNEL, CHANNEL?


It has taken me fifteen years to answer a question: how does a channel, channel? How do I do what I do? And now I have an answer, because I am beginning to understand the process. It’s very simple, actually. First, I get quiet. Then, I listen. Then, I get out of the way and let Spirit write.

In other words, I do nothing.

That means I cannot even wonder whether I should use a comma or a dash. If I do, the information stops flowing. I stop the flow, because I am questioning the process. How do I know this is true? I’ve had it happen many, many times over the years. Any time I try to edit Spirit’s words in any way, I get edited out of the process. Spirit stops speaking, until I am quiet again.

So, how do I get quiet? I wish I could tell you that I turn off the lights, light candles and sit cross-legged on the floor. But that’s not the way it works for me. I can tell you what does work, though. My definition of meditation is lying in the grass and looking up at the sky, driving through the park at sunset, fishing in the rain…I have also had some very profound moments while sorting socks and mopping the kitchen floor. Truly, any time my mind is quiet, insights and revelations find me. Spirit doesn’t care how it happens.

We are all channels of Truth. We all hold the light of Divine Intelligence within us.Each and every one of us hears Spirit’s voice and interprets it in unique and special ways. We write. We paint. We sculpt. We sing. We walk. We run. We dance.

We get quiet. We listen. We get out of the way. We make room for our own light to find us.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Robin Leigh Vella is a spiritual healer and transformation guide. For more than fifteen years, she has been teaching self-empowerment through spiritual awareness. Clairaudient and clairsentient since childhood, Robin left the corporate world to put her spiritual gifts into practice. In 1992, with encouragement from family and friends, she began working as a psychic. Over the next few years, Robin conducted readings in person and by phone. During that time, referrals steadily expanded her clientele. By 1996, she had counseled hundreds of people, throughout the United States as well as overseas. In response to unmistakable promptings from the Universe, Robin eventually made a career change. Recognizing the need to offer her clients more than psychic guidance, she opened her healing practice with the intention of teaching spiritual awareness. Today, Robin helps people understand their personal circumstances from a higher perspective. At the same time, she teaches them how to heal and transform their lives. Robin offer half hour and one hour private spiritual counseling sessions by phone. For details, please contact her via email: heart.and.soul@hotmail.com