Discovering Spiritual Awareness in Everyday Life

Friday, March 7, 2008

My "Living in the Now" Experiment

For the past few months, I have been learning how to live in the moment. Spirit has been teaching me; I volunteered to be the student. And what I have been experiencing has been life changing. I am not the same person I used to be; I can feel my soul stretching as I am becoming more.

Before, in order to quiet myself down, I had to be forced into position. Either I would become ill, or injured. Or, at the very least, I would come down with laryngitis. I would need an excuse to slow down- to stop running around doing things. This is the first time in my life that I have been able to put my foot on the brake without any dramatic promptings from the Universe. This is the first time I have knowingly ASKED for a spiritual lesson, and recognized the "teachers" that are showing up everywhere.

What I have discovered(so far) is that living in THE HERE AND NOW is as simple as BEING in the moment. What does that mean? It means not worrying about yesterday and not focusing on tomorrow. It means the past has passed and the next day hasn't yet arrived; so the only time that truly exists is NOW. And as I focus on exactly where I am, no matter what is happening to me or near me, I can feel the presence of something much, much bigger than my physical self.
I am aware that, with every step I take, Spirit is walking with me; I am not alone. I see where I'm going; I know I am headed in the right direction.

Signs and symbols are everywhere. Not only do I see them, but I immediately understand them. I know what they mean-how they relate to my personal circumstances. I am finding that it is much easier to see truth when there is nothing on the sidelines of my life to distract me. It finds me no matter where I am, as long as I am quiet. Living in the moment has given me peace- the kind of peace that used to find me only once in a while. And in this peace, in this much quieter than ever place in my life, the light shines brighter. I see things much differently from where I am standing. And wherever I am looking, I trust the Truth that is looking back at me.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Robin Leigh Vella is a spiritual healer and transformation guide. For more than fifteen years, she has been teaching self-empowerment through spiritual awareness. Clairaudient and clairsentient since childhood, Robin left the corporate world to put her spiritual gifts into practice. In 1992, with encouragement from family and friends, she began working as a psychic. Over the next few years, Robin conducted readings in person and by phone. During that time, referrals steadily expanded her clientele. By 1996, she had counseled hundreds of people, throughout the United States as well as overseas. In response to unmistakable promptings from the Universe, Robin eventually made a career change. Recognizing the need to offer her clients more than psychic guidance, she opened her healing practice with the intention of teaching spiritual awareness. Today, Robin helps people understand their personal circumstances from a higher perspective. At the same time, she teaches them how to heal and transform their lives. Robin offer half hour and one hour private spiritual counseling sessions by phone. For details, please contact her via email: heart.and.soul@hotmail.com